Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Happy 1 Year Anniversary!

This blog has officially been up and running for 1 full year!

I've been wondering a lot about what I want for this blog.  I've seen a lot of bloggers who review dramas, but I don't want to be like that.  I could dish out funny anecdotes that have nothing to do with the topic, or trash the characters, but that's not the main point of the blog.  The majority of television viewers don't read reviews in order to find out whether a certain character is annoying in your opinion.  Readers simply want to know the answer to the question, "Is it worth watching?"

That is the whole point of my blog.  This blog isn't to entertain viewers, it is simply a tool to help viewers find dramas that are worth watching.  If you want to read a whole page that never gets to the simple question of "Is it worth watching?", then fine.  There are plenty of blogs that will do that.  In fact, I can name a few names that do exactly that if you are interested.

I know that this is a bit random of me, but I really must express that this is not an entertainment blog.  I'm not here to keep you interested.  I'm here to give a short paragraph or two that sums up the pros and cons of a certain drama (along with a rating and some information about the drama in question) so that you can quickly find something you might like.

When I first started this blog, it was simply because I wanted to record what dramas I watched.  I would frequently start watching a show only to find that I had watched it before. 

You may have noticed that my posts have been more regular as of late.  This is because I have been scheduling ahead of time.  New posts will be automatically added every Monday at 12:00 AM EST so I'm sure that you'll always have a happy Monday.  That is, if you follow my blog. ;)

You may have also noticed that there are English grammar mistakes in my work.  You are right!  Good going there, buddy!  Yes, I do not edit my blog posts for grammar issues.  I probably should, as it probably looks bad, but this blog is my "happy place."   The moment I start editing my own blogs is the moment that this blog becomes a job.  In all honesty, I'm not going to put that much effort into something I'm not getting paid for.



Thank you, dear viewers, for sticking with me through this year.  I am very happy to have met the friends and fans that I have.  I hope that we have another great year of obsessing over television shows and films.

With much love,
Tube Obsessed   AKA  Maroon

No comments: