Friday, June 18, 2010

True Blood






Rating: (I don't think I should be rating this)

Genre: Vampires, Drama
Episodes: 30 (And counting)
Cast: Anna Paquin, Ryan Kwanten, Rutina Wesley, Stephen Moyer, Sam Trammell, and Nelsan Ellis

"Following the creation of synthetic blood, vampires have progressed from legendary monsters to fellow citizens overnight. Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) is a telepath and waitress at Merlotte's in the small Louisiana town of Bon Temps, owned by Sam Merlotte (Sam Trammell), a shapeshifter—though this secret is kept hidden. One night, Sookie meets Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer), a handsome 173-year-old vampire who has returned to Bon Temps following the death of his last remaining relative. As she cannot hear his thoughts, she finds it easy to be in his company and, over the first season, the two become romantically involved."

I watched the first season so far and I'm still on the fence about it. For me, blood and gore are my favorite parts of any vampire film. I think that's why I remained interested throughout the first season. As far as it goes, I wouldn't let anyone under 18 watch this. There is a lot of violence and stuff in it that isn't appropriate for younger viewers. I don't know how much I really like the story though. I love how it was filmed, and the story is interesting enough, but I don't know if I would ever praise it. I'll have to watch season 2 and see how it goes :D

No comments: