Friday, July 30, 2010

Currently Watching Update 7/30/10

After finishing up Coffee House, I don't have as many Korean dramas that I'm looking out for on a weekly basis. Bad Guy and Baker King Kim Tak Goo are the two leading dramas I'm currently into.


BAD GUY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After watching episode 15 of Bad Guy on viikii I'm even more excited to see the next episode. I can't tell you the details, but it seems like the next episode might just go toward a topic I hate to have in any drama: amnesia. Now, I don't know for sure if the next episode will actually contain that topic (as I'm not psychic), however it did end with a certain someone looking out the window with a blank face. If you watch Korean dramas, you know that amnesia seems to be a more common occurrence in their dramas. I think that's the only thing I really don't like about Korean dramas. Amnesia is a very rare occurrence, so to have it show up in so many dramas makes the drama seem more unrealistic. Usually when I see amnesia play a part in a drama, I take it as the writer had a writers block and didn't have time to think of a better solution to the problem other than wiping out a characters previous history.


KIM TAK GOO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's rare that I watch any drama over 25 episodes, much less 30, however the baker king's drama is something I'm really excited about lately. At first, I was kind of annoyed in the first few episodes. They spent a lot of episodes on KTG's childhood. However, as I continued to watch, I'm kind of thankful that they took the time to slowly paint the back story of the character. Unlike some dramas where they continuously flashback trivial facts to waste time, the writer took the time to use the childhood memories to really develop the characters. Now as I am getting into the middle of the drama, I am completely entranced. After watching episode 14 with english subs, I was really annoyed that I couldn't watch 15 & 16 with subs yet. This is why I'm upset that I cannot watch it on viikii anymore. The viikii translators usually do a good job of translating episodes fast. Because I couldn't watch it with the english subtitles, I ended up watching them without. Let me just say, even without subtitles, I really enjoyed episodes 15 & 16. Okay, so I only understood 10% of the language, but I guessed about 15% more from information on the previous episodes. Anyway, I don't know where the story will go, but I'm still on board.


Hotaru no Hikaru 2~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've only watched one episode of this so far. Really, I don't know if I should even continue with it.

My Country Calls~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've watched the drama through episode 14 and I stopped there. There's only 2 episodes left, but I think I'll put it on the back burner for now. Ever since the user who was uploading the episodes was deleted from veoh, I've been too lazy to look for a new provider for my drama addiction. I really did enjoy it so far though.

P.S. Man~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PS Man has been on the back burner for a while now. I watched up until episode 14, but I suddenly just have no interest in it. Is it just me, or does it seem like the drama should have been shorter? It seems like it should be 14 episodes, not 21. I don't think I have the nerve to sit through 7 more episodes of this. The beginning was great, I really liked it, but I'm not sure if I want to keep watching. Anyone know if it is good enough to continue?

Cinderella's Sister~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I heard a lot of great stuff about Cinderella's Sister, so I watched the first episode. I have yet to watch anymore of it. I'm not sure if I should continue. I know everyone is saying it is great, but I'm just not that interested in it. I guess if I get bored I will continue.

There are more dramas that I'm in the middle of, but those are the main dramas I'm watching as of yet. What is your opinion on these dramas? Let me know!

No comments: