Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Princess

Rating: ****.5

Genre: Romance
Episodes:16
Cast: Kim Tae Hee, Lee Soon Jae, Park Ye Jin, Ryu Soo Young, Song Seung Hun

"An ordinary college student, Lee Seol, finds out she's a princess. The grandson of Daehan Group, Park Hae Young, is put in charge of educating Seol on proper etiquette."

 Strangely addicting, cute, and funny, this drama appears to have it all.  Although I didn't really like some of the characters, I just couldn't stop watching this drama.  If it wasn't for some of the production problems, I probably would have rated it five stars.  Although there are sure to be some problems I just didn't catch, one of the main problems with this was how quick the camera angles change.  Although it isn't all the time, there were times when they would switch cameras so often that I would get a headache.  Take, for example, 22:50 - 23:10 on episode 8.  In that small 20 seconds, there are approximately 11 camera angle changes.  That is a camera change every 2 seconds.  The scene isn't even a fast scene.  In fact, it's just two people talking slowly.  It really doesn't need to skip back and forth between the two characters faces like that when the topic of the conversation isn't that important in the first place.  Even though it did have some problems, I think it is a show worth watching.

No comments: