Monday, August 15, 2011

Painter of the Wind

Rating:****


Genre: Period Drama
Episodes: 20
Cast: Im Ji Eun, Moon Geun Young, Park Geun Young, Park Shin Yang, Bae Soo Bin, Moon Chae Won


SYNOPSIS:
"Shin Yoon Bok is a talented painter who disguises herself as a boy to search for her father’s murderer and meets a master painter who guides her into being a great painter. Kim Hong Do is the man who teaches Yoon Bok how to paint, and they develop a strong friendship of mentor and disciple."


REVIEW:
In all honesty, this drama just wasn't my style.  Although I enjoyed it because I enjoy painting, I didn't really like it as much as I could have if it had a bit of comedy in it.  The romance in it was...  Well...  The romance was a little uncomfortable to watch, to say the least.  The way she spoke and looked at women when she was dressed as a man was creepy.  I mean, I really didn't know how to react about that.  She really looked like a pretty boy that was in love with a woman.  What's just as uncomfortable is the romantic like relationship between the two main characters.  The characters are supposed to be like 13 years apart, but it looks more like 20.  It seems like they could be in another drama together as a father and daughter and no one would bat an eye.

I hope I'm not scaring you away from this drama, though.  Even though there were things I didn't enjoy, I think this is (overall) a good drama.  If you like painting or period dramas, you'll most likely enjoy this.

What did you think of this drama?  Comment below!
tubeobsessed.blogspot.com

No comments: