Monday, October 3, 2011

Yi San


Rating:*****


Genre: Historical, Period Drama
Episodes: 77
Cast: Han Ji Min, Lee Jong Soo, Lee Seo Jin, Park Eun Hye, Sung Hyun Ah


SYNOPSIS:
"This drama is about the life of King Jeong-Jo, Joseon’s 22nd Monarch, who is remembered in Korean history as one of Korea’s greatest Kings who loved the people and reigned for the commoner."




REVIEW:
Wonderful! :)

Let me just say, before I continue in my review, that I really did not want to watch this drama.  Truthfully, the magnitude of the episodes pretty much freaked me out.  I mean, seventy-seven one hour long episodes is a very long drama.  I hate committing to things, so committing to such a long drama kind of freaked me out.  However, I have to say that it was worth it.  The story, characters, and the way it was shown was wonderful.  I also feel that it followed the history pretty well, even though many of the elements are most likely fictional.  The male lead, Lee Seo Jin, is wonderful.  Then again, I'm probably biased because I love his dimpled smile.  Kawaii~!

*CoughCough*  Anyway....  -.-"  Back to the review.

There were a few things that I didn't really think were that great, though.  The whole eunuch situation in the beginning kind of grossed me out a bit.  I know that they were trying to show the way someone becomes a eunuch, as well as Park Dae's background, but I found it a little....  Well...  I found it to be a little excessive.  I think there were a lot of scenes that didn't need to be that realistic, if you know what I'm saying.  There were also a few mistakes, such as lighting errors.  However, this wasn't a huge deal, so I won't make too much of it.  (By the way, I guess the Dae Su's uncle, the eunich, must have been related to the musical director in the drama Dong Yi lol.  They are played by the same person!)
 
P.S. Did anyone else mistake the dragon on the Crown Princes' headband to be the number 25?  At first glance, on episode five at 2:57, I thought that was a 25 on his headband.  I kept wondering why they would have numbers in a period drama before I realized it was supposed to be a dragon.

What did you think of this drama? Comment below!


tubeobsessed.blogspot.com

No comments: