Monday, October 8, 2012

Mop Girl

Rating: ****


Genre: Mystery, Fantasy, Comedy
Episodes: 10
Cast: Kitagawa Keiko, Tanihara Shosuke, Asami Reina, Takaoka Sousuke


SYNOPSIS:
"Kitagawa plays the part of the slow but hardworking Momoko, a low-ranking employee at a funeral services company who carries a mop as part of her job. However, Momoko happens to possess a strange ability. Whenever she comes across the corpse of someone who has left strong feelings behind, she travels back in time to save that person from his or her fate."


REVIEW:
As you may have guessed, I'm not a huge fan of Japanese dramas.  The few television series that I've watched that were not anime are few and far between.  That is mainly because of the "flower boy" style that I hate.    What is the flower boy style?  Well, I'll explain.  What I mean by flower boy style is those weird haircuts that are feathered and dyed a vomit orange or yellow.  This picture is of Oguri Shun, who is is an award-winning Japanese actor.  

Oguri Shun
Although he is handsome, that yellow hair makes his skin look horrible.  In dramas, people cast actors and dye their hair in an attempt to make them "handsome", and then the script says how handsome the main character is.  However, in my opinion, this orange hair makes them look ugly.  I mean, extremely ugly. In my opinion, Japanese like Tanihara Shosuke (the male lead in Mop Girl), who do not dye their hair weird colors, are much more handsome.                            Tanihara Shosuke
So, when I find a Japanese drama that doesn't include bad actors with orange hair, I'm very excited.  Mop Girl has probably been my first Japanese drama in a year that I actually enjoyed.   The only problem with this drama is that I seriously think that the drama was too short.  Japanese dramas are the shortest series I have ever seen.  They tend to be about 10 episodes.  I kind of feel that they should have extended the story, as the characters never got any kind of conclusion.  However, in the end, I found the story very funny and I enjoyed it very much.  I definitely recommend this drama. :)




What did you think of this drama? Comment below!


tubeobsessed.blogspot.com

No comments: