Monday, July 16, 2012

King 2 Hearts

Rating: ****


Genre: Romance
Episodes: 20
Cast: Ha Ji Won, Lee Seung Ki, Lee Soon Jae, Lee Yoon Ji, Yoon Yeo Jung


SYNOPSIS:
"This drama is set in modern day where South Korea is governed by a constitutional monarchy. Lee Jae Ha is a handsome and materialistic crown prince that doesn't care about politics. He falls for Kim Hyang Ah, a North Korean special forces agent."



REVIEW:
Before I start this review, let me just confess that I have a big bias for Lee Seung Ki.  Those dimples and that look!  He never fails to make me laugh with those mischievous looks he gives.

Now that I've finished fangirling, I will continue this not so serious review.  I really enjoyed the drama to the fullest.  It wasn't really funny, and had a serious mood to it, but it kept me watching.  I think another genre that could be added would be "political", as a lot of the stuff in it has a political aspect to it.

I think, though, that there was a big problem with the writing in that every foreigner was a bad person.  There was also some very bad lines about the US, though I won't go into detail about it.  Although I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and think that it wasn't intentional, I do believe that they portrayed foreigners in a negative light, especially Americans.  It wouldn't be as bad if just one foreigner was shown in a positive light, but I don't remember seeing any character like that in this drama.  I feel that they could have been more sensitive to their audience.


What did you think of this drama? Comment below!


tubeobsessed.blogspot.com

No comments: